hello friends!
Let me paint you a picture of of how life has been in cleveland living with the fam.
9 am: wake up
9:05 am: pour coffee
9:06 am: drink said cup of coffee
9:30 am-?: bask in world cup glory. vamos argentina!!! the us was a disappointment PER USH
noon-4pm: ranging in a variety of exciting activities such as lunching with my grandma, running errands for my mom, laying by my pool (ROUGH LIFE), working out, or maybe a nap if these activities became particularly strenuous.
etcetcetc.
blahblahblah. you get the picture. because my life was so exhausting at home (sarcasm) I NEEDED A TRIP! On friday 6/25 I set out in my little, plastic saturn ion to return to the glory of the city of milwaukee, wi. my main initiative (aka the excuse I told my parents) was to see tom petty in concert at summerfest. & trust me this excuse did not disappoint. I reunited with my freshman year loves and we had a blast. Nothing screams america like listening to gems such as free fallin' on lake michigan with a brat and beer (or 2) in hand. This trip to Milwaukee was a last hoorah of sorts, since let's be honest I'll won't be able to afford to see movies come August let alone fly to mke!
Saturday in milwaukee came and went. I block out from my memory any world cup action that afternoon. I also had a lovely dinner (and 2 person bar crawl back to campus. opps?) with the one and only Becky Moylan. 'Twas delightful.
Ahh Sunday continued my travels throughout the midwest, as I headed to quaint Naperville, IL for ms claire harvey's graduation celebration. Quite literally, the gang was all in town and catching up with all my lovely alpha chi's about life since graduation was phenom. Even little Amanda Mehr could took a few hours off from TFA craziness to visit. Later, a small crowd of us relived our golden days with a night of debauchery.
BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE! Monday left me to driving a few hours to Indy to visit T and her new suburban stomping grounds. T's new apartment is darlingggg and we spent the evening catching up and chatting about our new adventures in Oakland and IN. Oh how I've missed her.
Tuesday marked the end of my journey. I drove the nearly 5 hrs through the IN and OH countryside. Although I am beyond excited for my coming year as a JV, I am going to miss all you fools immensely. Send me letters, shoot me a phone call, etc because I know I'll need it!
Well...until next time. I promise a riveting post about my sail to Canada this weekend (boat shoes and seersucker included).
peaceeee!
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment