It's late april...graduation is a mere month away and alas, it is time to let the freakout begin. By freakout, I mean that pile of mixed emotions that I have managed to repress all semester. The excitement. A little (or mountain of) fear. And the joy that I have, knowing how blessed I have been with my time at Marquette. But the time has come to stop ignoring that pit of nervousness that I've been feeling in my stomach all semester. My emotions are truly all over the place. I'm having the time of life, but I'm dreading all the goodbyes. I know it is not goodbye forever, but the fact remains that everything is about to drastically change. I'm moving clear across the country to begin my position as a Jesuit Volunteer. I'll be working in The Native American Health Care Clinic and will be in charge of health education outreach programs. 1000's of miles away from Milwaukee, from Ohio, from Alpha Chi, and the best friends I have ever known. Because of this, please excuse my nostalgia and buckets of tears that are simply inevitable within the next few weeks :)
Last Friday, I had a Casa reunion with past and future students of El Salvador, and Father Brackley. It was simply beautiful. To sit. To relax and chat about our experience here and abroad with the marginalized. I left that reception feeling peaceful and on top of the world. It was exactly what I needed to transition myself to JVC. I think I'm most looking forward to the focus that JVC will provide for me. I'll be living with other volunteers, a community of people, with a common goal. To live with intention. To live in solidarity. To be present. To question.
Until next timeeee.
No comments:
Post a Comment